"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, May 7, 2010

A Summer Feel

Despite an isothermic lapse rate, otherwise perfect weather was forecasted on this mid-spring day, which I felt must be spent outdoors. What better place than my local mountain. With a light sea breeze forecasted I played it safe and launched from Juniper. Summer looks like its on the way as I worked the west side foothills of Diablo which are beginning to brown.
Good thermal lift was found and then would disappear into thin air with a corresponding search mode circle in sink also reminding me of summer. Soaring conditions were mediocre as expected but it was enjoyable cruising the air in a T-Shirt, Shorts and Helmet.
A no step fire road landing at the 1000 Footer was the perfect end to a fairly extended sled ride on a day with summer feel.

No comments: