"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It is Still Winter at Diablo

On any given weekday the prospect of soaring conditions can be judged in direct correlation to the number of hang gliders atop my truck. On this Wednesday in winter Gerry, Mike and Kevin joined me for what must be, some good airtime. The winds looked good, the BLIP maps looked good and the sky looked really good as shown from the air, below.
Despite this indication I have to remember, IT IS STILL WINTER. With much anticipation we launched Juniper and found weak conditions. Gerry and Kevin made a valiant effort managing to squeak out every bit of up air they could find but ended up at the 1000 Footer. Mike and I were soon to join the party. Below Kevin and Gerry begin break down as I turn final.

No comments: