"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nice Winter Day at Diablo

The weather man indicated perfect weather for this holiday weekend. I don't think the weather man is a soaring pilot but I can't imagine a better way to spend a nice winter day outdoors than hang gliding. We arrived at the Tower Launch to find the inversion hanging about 2500' scattered with clouds.
Gerry and I hoped to find some low thermals beneath the clouds as we launched the Towers.
We worked Eagle Peak but would immediately hit the inversion. A few mistakes would quickly put you into lower terrain to scratch hard. The nice day prevailed and we landed in the lush green grass at Mitchell Canyon as I again ran out my landing on the downhill portion due to the amazing power of "ditch suck."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Mom