"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, February 15, 2010

Presidents Day 2010 at Diablo

A large number of outdoor enthusiast enjoyed an unseasonably beautiful Presidents Day at Diablo. With the corresponding warm and stable air mass I was to be the only aviator amongst many hikers, cyclists and equestrians. After launching the Tower's upslope trickle it was clearly going to be a sledder all the way.
Many hikers doted the north side peaks and ridges. I enjoyed bewildering the groups with my shadow as they looked around believing they were all alone in the great outdoors.
Of course, I would give a friendly wave to the people that figured out that shadow.
Sooner or later I was bound to nail the Mitchell Canyon LZ. Today I set up just high enough to fly over that pesky ditch and pogo stick the uphill.

No comments: