"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, February 12, 2010

Diablo's Usual Suspects

With a late decicion to fly Diablo on another iffy winter weekday I expected my only flying companions to be of the feathered variety. I was pleasantly surprised when some of the usual suspects showed up at Juniper launch. Robert, Chris, Kevin and Mike are a pleasing group of expirienced pilots who display eclectic attributes which can be humbling. In weak conditions I was able to scratch around and maintain in areas for a time but eventually put down at my frequented LZ, the 1000 Footer. I don't believe anyone rose above launch today, but this group was able to soar low and long ending up at Blakes, Lime Ridge and the 1000 Footer for some impressive light thermal soaring. The beauty of flight is that much sweater when shared with a group of friends.
Punching off launch
Robert flies by Juniper with Walnut Creek in the background
Mike and Kevin wait for a cycle
Chris "The Big Guy" hits Full Throttle
My friend The Thousand Footer

No comments: