"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Friday, April 2, 2010

Slippery When Wet

I headed South to Ed Levin in attempt to catch an advancing cold front's sweet breeze and beat it's deluge. I slapped the Sport 2 together and kept it level as I punched off launch with showers visible over the Coastal Range.
All alone at Ed Levin on a pre-frontal day, I question if I missed something in the forecast as I turn and climb.
The sky grows darker, the showers closer and my wife/driver/camerawoman/Teri bails for the car after grabbing this fine shot.
I can attest to the fact, that the Sport 2 flies and lands just fine when wet. Spread out in the garage the glider and harness should be dry soon.

No comments: