"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Scratching the Devil

Dr. Jack told me lift would be light at Diablo on this high pressure, stable day. I planned accordingly and launched late afternoon from the Tower. Thermals were aplenty, but weak and low allowing partial turns in lift with the occasional 200' climb.
The Devil normally likes to play my side wires like a banjo on high pressure days but today he was nowhere to be found, allowing me to explore low and slow over the awesome terrain. With light North-East wind I drifted back in the lift but didn't want to get too deep into Mitchell Canyon.
Enjoying the scenery up close and personal while developing my scratching skills finally ends at the Mitchell Canyon LZ on this wonderful April afternoon.

No comments: