"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fashionably Late

The only front in sight just passed Northern California and being that it's late November I better get it it while I can, but what do I fly and where? Indecisiveness slows my arrival at Diablo, but I make it and jump into the bitter cold air off the Tower Launch aboard my U2 to work what's left of the season and the day.
The sky is beginning to dry as I inch up in the light but buoyant lift with North Peak in the background.
Cu in the sky, clean air and long shadows are wonderful this time of year.
Cloud base barely crests the summit, but I'll never get there, despite generally lifty air, it's rather soft and enjoyably butter smooth. So, I work the terrain and play near Eagle Peak.
I gradually make my way out to Mitchell Canyon LZ.
And bring it back to earth on this nice late season post-frontal day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sky looked fantastic today from my office window. Glad you got out to enjoy it - I'm jealous!

RM