"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trying a Soft Day

The "H-Crit" looks like the heights are equivocal to elevations on a topographic relief map of the Mendocino Mountains on this building high pressure and stable September day.
But, Dr. Jack, today is my only day to fly a sailplane this week, so I'll take my chances and work on those scratching skill. Off tow at Tree Farm in "JH" Dr. Jack produces just as promised, not much.
A view North of Snow Mountain which is unreachable by this pilot, in this plane, on this day.
Failing to climb at Tree Farm I'm forced to move out and try lift on the lower slopes.
Before heading back over the foothills, en-route WSC.
The day was soft, but pilots often say, I got a takeoff and landing in. Mine happened to be a 6000' pattern tow. I think any flight is more than just takeoff and landing practice; it's beautiful, it's educational and it sure beats just about anything else I could have done today.

No comments: