"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Sunday, October 10, 2010

N271JH

A friend of mine recently stated that I fly more often than I sleep. This may be true on occasion as my firehouse handles a college campus and also its dorms. However, I think her point is, that I get to fly a lot and why rent a plane when I can buy one; well a piece of one anyway. Nothing but the best, I incur a partial share in the wonderful ASW 27B "Juliet Hotel." What to do with this piece on my first day; take it and the rest of the glider soaring of course.

Off tow at 6000' over Tree Farm, I hook a thermal with the Duo Discus "Mike Golf" and climb for a nice view of "MG" silhouetted against Lett's Lake and Snow Mountain.
Climbing high with"Mike Golf" as he works to get on my six and switches to guns.
Well maybe not, he continues to climb above the horizon as I head North toward Snow Mountain.
The peaks are working well today and I hook up with a small gaggle over St. John Mountain.
I retrace my route and continue Southbound later in the afternoon to say hi to Ginny in "Golf Three" over Indian Valley Reservoir.
A nice three hour flight soaring the Mountains and Hills with the Williams gang aboard the mighty ship "Juliet Hotel." I forgot to specify which part of "JH" is mine, I think I'll take the right wing, I seem to have the most pictures of it.

3 comments:

Brian Foster said...

Good choice on taking the right wing. I've heard that right wings really hold their value.

Anonymous said...

Well, you may have had fun with Juliet, but you missed a really good afternoon at Diablo! Hope to see you soon.

RM

C R Valley said...

Bang!