"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Amends

Off Juniper Launch I found conditions eerily similar to those two days prior during this unusual early June at Mount Diablo. It seemed like a repeat until Cirrus showed up as scheduled.
With the arrival of Cirrus the sharp walls of the thermals disappeared and I found myself scratching over North Gate Road in weak lift.
Ironically, my visit wasn't just for thermals. For the last two days I was thinking about how The 1000 Footer let me down. I always felt The 1000 Footer and I, were in this Diablo flying thing together. It was always there for me, when I sunk out, scratched too long or couldn't get up. But, two days ago it got angry and didn't want me around. Today, I was here to make amends. Fortunately with Cirrus as an excellent mediator The 1000 Footer shouldn't be in such a hot headed mood so I headed over.
I called Teri on the the Radio and with her blessing brought it in. With the 1000 Footer in a good mood I had a textbook landing and I am glad to say we are now friends again.

No comments: