"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Landings are Mandatory

Off Juniper Launch on Mount Diablo I found small bullet thermals which would disappear into thin air, on this building high pressure, mildly marine influenced summer day. Because I scratched the West side to its full extent, I would soon be coming down, once again at The Thousand Footer and could expect the standard turbulence, being that it's midday in summer. After a conservative, lift up my feet for the last oak tree approach, I got a pop and ended up a little long, over the fire road as shown below. Remember takeoffs are optional, landings are mandatory and days like today, make me really appreciate my Sport 2.

No comments: