"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Beating the Heat

With a heat spell over Northern California I head to Mount Diablo where I'm greeted with closed park gates. Ah, fall is on the way and there is high fire danger. Oh well, it's more of a beach day anyway and I wasn't exactly looking forward to the 100+ degree breakdown at Diablo. Why drive to the beach when you can fly. So, I take a little trip over to Mount Tamalpias where I punch off, en route Stinson Beach.
Sledding down the mountain.
A nice view of the timber and grass covered Mount Tamalpais.
Over Stinson Beach.
Looking North towards Bolinas Lagoon.
Banking it up over the beach.
A nice easy landing on the sand where Teri meets me on this perfect beach day.

No comments: