"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Thursday, December 16, 2010

CAVU in December

Having just begun the dark dreary months of soaring, December has brought fog, mist and drizzle with biblical rains on the horizon. But today is an exception and despite a less than marginal chance of XC it wasn't going to pass me bye. With my twenty-seven in the shop getting even prettier I climbed aboard the twenty-four "DR" for a trip into the blue.
My best chance at staying up looked to be South Goat so I released high and flew the sun soaked ridge waiting for a beep ... waiting ... waiting.
A beautiful place to slowly descend while hunting around. Looking over to see a little snow at Snow.
Wispies made some brief appearances over the foothills so I hit a couple and made some brief turns in lift.
With only enough lift to slow my decent, I headed out to the Valley. A low December sun angle, Clear Skies and Visibilities Unlimited made for a breathtaking view.
A young couple was up enjoying a trip in the ride ship on a perfect ride ship day. I added a fly over to their adventure.
After too short of an hour in wonderful, clear December air, I decided to take a couple of circuits too keep off the winter rust and dream for a distant Spring.

No comments: