"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Suffering

I had to go to Murphy's little shack on the shores of Lake Almanor for my summer vacation.
Bummer, house by the water, friends, ect. Oh well, I suppose I'll climb out into the Sierra blue on my hang glider while I'm there.
Because every moment can't be spent hang gliding I'm forced to find other activities. I guess I'll grab my trusty waterski spotter, Ace.
Hitting the wake board on this Northern California mountain lake.
While Ace is concentrating on his flagging responsibilities, Mom is pretending to have fun.
Time to head up the mountain and grab my glider.
The only, two for the price of one, wire crew I could find.
Off again above the Mountains of Indian Valley.
Well, besides waterskiing, sailing, hot tubbing and hanging out with friends by the lake, I manage a couple of flights. Just the norm, easy glass off conditions, circling with a Bald Eagle, landing right at a normal everyday Luau with live music, leis, food, drinks and free beer before heading back to an outdoor sunset dinner with friends. Just the usual suffering.

No comments: