"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Leonardo da Vinci

Monday, August 1, 2011

Inspiration

After seeing me fly a few times, Ace has requested to see some "GOOD" pilots. "O.K.-O.K." so I decide to take him to Travis Air Force Base on Sunday.

"Ace don't worry about those big unnecessary things, they are called propellers."I think this taildragger, the 1490 hp North American P-51 Mustang would make a nice little tow plane.
"Even the fire apparatus are funny looking here, huh Ace?"
Mom and Ace in front of Air Force One.
Even though I'm a little disappointed that they seem to really "need" that engine of theirs, I have to admit, the Thunderbirds are some damn good pilots.
Hey, I like this guy.
Well if that isn't some good old fashioned American inspiration I don't know what is, so I decide to take some stick time in my ASW-27 today and bang around in challenging conditions at the Tree Farm area for a couple of hours. And yes, no engine here.

No comments: